Friday, June 25, 2010

Banner Tutorial!

Hey all, Susan here! I just received my new stash of ribbon this last weekend. I always love it when it comes, because I know I am going to just love all my goodies that I get to play with on my layouts! I ordered jute string this last time, and I went to use it right away. As you can see by my layout, I made a cute little banner with it.

I thought you guys might like to know how I made the banner. It was so easy, that anyone could do it!

Step 1

Choose your pattern papers that you are going to want to make your banner out of, and cut triangles to the size you wish your banner to be.

Step 2

Now take your cut out triangle and glue it down to white cardstock. Now cut around your colored pattern paper triangle with scissors. I used "pinking shears", but you could use other scissors for a different shape such as scallops if you prefer.

Step 3


Finally you will take your jute string and glue it down on your little triangles in a long row. Now attach it to your project as I have done in my layout below. See "easy peasy". Anyone can do this!


If you would like to try this yourself, you can find an assortment of different colored jute in the store. Just go HERE to find it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Susan Dupre

4 comments :

  1. what a lovely idea, thanks for showing it
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this is just a terrific idea!! Love your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific tutorial, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool...making a banner has seemed much harder than that! You made it look a lot easier! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say