Sunday, July 18, 2010

You are My Sunshine

There are so many songs that take me back to my childhood. My mom sang to me all the time and now i find I'm doing the same thing with our daughter. One of her favorites is "You are my Sunshine" and this card really is a barrel for of sun isn't it.

I've used the 3/8" gingham yellow ribbon for this one and yet again some wonderfully happy Hello Sunshine papers from Lily Bee Design. If you love the collections from Lily Bee, you are going to find TONNES of ribbons at the store that match ever so perfectly. From dots to checks to organzas just to name a few. Could you just see how beautiful these papers would be with double ruffles? ACK!!!!! Yummo for sure.


So sunny and cheery. The sentiment was stamped in memento ink, then I used distress ink in Broken China, Fire Brick Red and Mustard. Perfect Perfect Perfect.

Have you entered your projects into our newest challenge? The July 15th challenge is an inspiration challenge and you've definitely gotta try your hand in this one. You could win a gift certificate to use at the Store. How awesome is that.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you are all enjoying a little bit of Sunshine!!!

Toodles
Erika Taylor




4 comments :

  1. This is so AWESOME> I love the look. HEY GIRLZ, I have something for all you lovelies over here at my blog.................come pick it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definately like this sunshine better than all the heat and humidty we are getting here! :) That yellow gingham makes me smile, I think I might need some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cheerful...great colors and card:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful...caught my eyes right away with all the lovely colors and cheerful ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say