Thursday, August 4, 2011

Handmade Kindle Case with Ribbons


Hello everyone! My name is Jinky from JinkysCrafts. It is an honor to be a Guest Blogger for Really Reasonable Ribbon. I have a new addiction these days...Ribbon Manipulation. I think ribbons are the best embellishments on any Paper Crafts. 


Today, I would love to share with you this Handmade Kindle Case that was adorned with some ribbons. It was made out of fabric. The ribbon technique I used in decorating my Handmade Kindle Case was the gathering technique. It is pretty easy, all you have to do is sew a straight stitch by hand or with a sewing machine and gather the stitch and form it into a flower.


Since I am one of the Design Team Members of May Arts Ribbons, all the ribbons I used in this project are May Arts Ribbon collections of RRR.

Ribbons Used in this project:

Gathered Flower              -Fucshia Silk
Belly Band                      - Fucshia Silk, Moss Silk
Leaves                            - Leaves, Lime Green
Flower Buds                   - Sheer Ombre Lavender/ Pink
                                      - Sheer Ombre Peach/ Yellow
Ruffle Belly Band           - Sheer Ruffle Edge Fucshia


I love how the ribbons pop-out against the black background. This luxurious color combination is perfect for a stylist Kindle Case, don't you think?





I want to thank RRR for inviting me to play with their awesome ribbons this month! I have some ribbons left so please stop by my blog anytime as I am looking forward of making more ribbon projects in coming days. 

Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you LIKE my projects and that I inspired you today! -  JINKY

7 comments :

  1. What a great idea and so beautiful, I love the colours you've used too they work together so well, hugs maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT PROJECT Jinky!!!!
    This would make such great Christmas gifts!
    Thanks for the idea and thanks again for "guesting" for us!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant project:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kindle case Jinky. You do such beautiful work! Thanks so much for guest designing for us today at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, Jinky comes up with the best designs.Always beautiful,always elegant.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say