Friday, March 29, 2013

Burning Your Fibers

 
Hi friends! Over the last few months, I've shared with you a couple of projects in which I scorched my fibers.  Today I thought I'd share a video tutorial which illustrates the types of fibers from Really Reasonable Ribbon that I've been altering and the interesting results.
Here's the video:
In the video, I share a few project samples in which the fibers have been burned.  Interestingly, rather than imparting a harsh feeling, this action often softens the look of be-ribboned projects. After the samples, I share a grungy card project from start to finish that gets a nice punch of extra texture and freshness with an assortment of burned fibers.
 
 
Here's a detail of the funky burned fibers.
 
 
And a detail of the die-cuts that I grunged up.
Hope you'll take a break from your day to watch!  If you are interested, a detailed supply list is available in the description box under the video.  As for my fibers, I used White Seam Binding, Metallic String Gold, and Metallic String Iridescent White, all available from the RRR shop!
-Vivian

5 comments :

  1. Wow Vivian. This is AMAZING!! I love your card and the tutorial is great. I have to drag my heat gun out now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow totally stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. Isn't seam binding the best? So versatile. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. vivan, love this creation... will have to try and burn my seam binding....smile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for introducing me to using my heat gun that way. I need to buy some seam binding. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say