Saturday, March 9, 2013

Envelope Art-Glassine Beauties

I am so happy to announce that I am the Guest Designer for March here at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I am excited and honored to be working with the beautiful products from Really Reasonable Ribbon and this awesome bunch of ladies! Thanks so much Bonnie for this opportunity. I have a little tutorial for you to show you a sneak peak of more to come later in the month. Glassine envelopes/bags are becoming a noticeable option for all card makers who love to finish off their designed card with an envelope to match. These would be hand delivered cards/envelopes which makes them extra special. Here is a look at some of the supplies you will need for my finished project. Steps to achieve the look below: Mist your glassine bag with any color or spray product on the market. I used a stain on my project. Mod Podge your napkin onto your bag and dry. Place the card you want to use into the glassine bag and this allows you to measure the size of the folded flap and where to punch the hole for your ribbon tie at the top of the bag. Take out your card and then continue to embellish your envelope. The possibilities are endless.
Really Reasonable Ribbons featured on this project are:
Sheer Iridescent Champagne 5/8"
Lime Juice Grosgrain 1.5"
Crochet lace 3/8"
String Beads 4 mm
Stitched Edge Reversible green 3/8".

Remember you can always color RRR to match your projects. Hope you enjoyed this glassine beauty and I will share more beauties with you as I prepare for a trade show in April.

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful decorated envelope Ava! I can't wait to see what else you have for us during the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the glassine envelope Ava! Fabby idea! So excited you are Guest Designing this month!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!This is sooooo Beautiful,Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I didn't even realize you could do something like this with those sweet envelopes!!!!!!!!!! :) THANK YOU FOR SHOWING US!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a creative idea and such a pretty example! Congrats on your Guest DT spot!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say