Friday, March 8, 2013

Friends of True's Inky Antics Swirly Spring Blog Hop

 
 
Welcome to the "Friends of True's - Swirly Spring" BLOG HOP!
If you are here from Lisa's blog, you are in the right place. If you just happened onto the RRR blog, you will want to head back to True's blog where it all starts. There will be a prize package donated by Inky Antics that includes True's entire, newly released, Swirly Spring stamp line!!
 
 
I had the pleasure of creating some cards for you using the stamps from my favorite set 'Swirly Butterflies'.  I L.O.V.E. it!!
 
 
Now those of you who know me know that I have leaned toward CAS designs lately, embellished with lots of pretty ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon, mainly because I just don't have much time to craft.  So, please be kind since I have not colored in ages.  It's a darned shame too because I have a huge Copic collection and I just don't have time to practice my coloring.  (Hey, I never said I didn't have time to shop!)
 
Here is my first card.  This one is done with colored pencils which I really never use.  I see some potential here because I kind of like the results and it feels kind of easy to control the colors application and blending.  My background is one of the beautiful papers from Inky Antics made to coordinate with the stamps sets. 
 
 
Now, I just love that the stamps sets are clear stamps.  For someone like me who needs to stamp the images 2 or 3 <hundred> times because they are not happy with the coloring results, you can set up your scene the way you want it right on the acrylic block and leave it that way until you are done.  Just stamp it out however many times you need to.
 
 
For my second card I broke out the Copics.  Not too bad.  :)
This also has two of the pretty coordinating papers from Inky Antics for the background.
 
 
Now, for those of you who have very limited crafty time like me, I love the fact that all the sets also have several sentiments.  It makes them very versatile, and when you need a card - like 5 minutes ago, you can pull out a sentiment and whip one together with no coloring necessary.
 
 
I hope you are enjoying the blog hop so far.  So many beautiful projects!  I am going to have to pick up a couple more of the sets real soon so I have them on hand for future projects.  Love, love, love 'em!!  Enjoy the rest of your trip through.
 
Make sure to leave a comment on every stop, to increase your chances of winning the prize package. One lucky commenter from a randomly picked blog will win all 6 stamp sets! The winner will be announced on True's Blog on Monday, March 11th.
 
Your next stop on the hop is Suzanne's blog and you don't want to miss it.  It's always a treat for me to visit her blog!

Don't forget, Really Reasonable Ribbon has a Design Team Call going on right now.  You can find the information HERE.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a super day!
 
~ Bonnie ~
 
Supplies
Card 1
Ribbon:  1/4" and 7/8" Capri Blue Grosgrain, 5/8" Capri Blue Diamond Satin, 5/8" Garden Rose Shimmer Satin
Stamps and Papers:  Inky Antics
Other:  Bow Easy Tool, Scor-Tape, Spellbinder Dies, colored pencils

Card 2
Ribbon/Trims:  Sun Rose Seam Binding, 3/8" White Crochet Lace, 5/8" Capri Blue Diamond Satin and Cotton Candy Baker's Twine
Stamps and Papers:  Inky Antics
Other:  Spellbinder Dies, Flower from Wild Orchard Crafts and button

Card 3
Ribbons/Trims:  1.5" Turquoise Netting, 7/8" Turquoise Double-faced Satin, 7/8" Turquoise Butterfly Multi Grosgrain 
Stamp:  Inky Antics
Other:  Bow Easy Tool, Scor-Tape, Spellbinder Dies and embossing folder, McGill butterfly punch 
 

45 comments :

  1. Such amazing creations Bonnie. I love how you got your whole card on your block to stamp. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of them my sweet friend! I can't believe you took time out of your busy schedule to create not one but three!
    Hard to pick a fave, but if I must, it would be the center one! I love how you colored the butterfly and all of the pretty ribbons and trims you used with it!
    Thanks so much for playing along and for your support. :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are GOOD! Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful butterfly cards! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie....I don't know what you say beside, "These are INCREDIBLE!" I love them all! You are talented x 1,000,000! Hugs!!! Sean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So gorgeous! I lvoe every single one of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute. love the butterflies. nice stamps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Even greater idea to block out the whole card on stamp block. I've never done that but will start doing it if I am making multiple cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! Great designs with such pretty colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards. Butterflies are always so whimsical and fun. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful butterfly-cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely stunning and your fab ribbons are the perfect partner for the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did with the butterflies. Nothing says Sprintime like butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are TRUEly wonderful. I am sure she is so pleased with what you created. I know I sure enjoyed viewing them and think you did an awesome job on them. Butterflies are a favorite of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh WOW Your cards are so gorgeous! I just love butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards Bonnie!!! LOVE them all!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful designs! Love your ribbons and bows, they are perfect additions!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved all your cards. They are each one a beautiful card and all so different. Love what you did with the butterflies and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three terrific cards....love the colors on each, but really like that first one with those purple butterflies.....to darned cute with that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all wonderful! The colour and layouts are wonderful with just the perfect use of these stamps! Love how you multi stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! You've been a busy little stamper lately for sure! Darling creations with these adorable butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVELY CARDS BONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I CAN'T TELL you haven't colored in a long time!!!!!!!!!! YOUR CARDS LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!! :) ) LOVE the colors you chose too!!!!!!!!!!!! :) AND, WHO DOESN'T LOVE INKY ANTICS!!!!!!!!????????? :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty butterfly cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love all teh beautiful butterfly cards.
    Barbara Bird/DT Gecko mGalz
    Mdstrwbery@aol.com
    MdStrwbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. ohhh! just love the blue and green butterflies... awesome creations... thanks for the chance...
    morentin1326ATaolDOTcom
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The butterflies are my favorite as well. You could mix and match all the sentiments to your hearts content with all 6 sets! Hint. Hint.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all three of your cards. Each one is different and difficult for me to pick out my fave. Your coloring is wonderful. Especially the coloring you did with the color pencils. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These new stamps are terrific. Love your butterflies. All three are great.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet butterflies... and the colors are nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards! Love all those pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  32. 3 lovely cards, great colouring in too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Al the cards are so pretty with al the ovel Spring colors.
    marg0006 at verizon dot net
    Lovng Srapper 101

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your cards turned out beautifully. I love the way you tied the blue ribbon on the last card perfectly. I bet that takes practice. Love all the color combinations. April

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you so much for sharing your use of the butterfly stamp set. They are all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  36. They're all great but I especially like the Mother's Day card. Great job on all.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I don't know why you are worried about your coloring, lol you did an excellant job with it!! GORGEOUS cards!!! love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your cards are pretty. Love the butterfly stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your cards! Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. All your cards are so pretty. I just love the butterflies and your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just fabulous, I love butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lovely cards with beautiful coloring! I use butterflies of some sort on about 75% of all my paper projects.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your cards -esp the first one - never thought about setting up the scene prior to stamping on your block like that - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say