Monday, March 25, 2013

Vintage Image Organizer

 
So it all started.....with me not finding a particular vintage image that I had printed...and wanted to use on my project. So I printed another. Only to find the original image where I should never have put it in the first place. But that's me...always squirreling things away...thinking I'll remember where. So I decided to organize my printed images into one place....and keep them safe from damage.  The base of this great little organizer is an inexpensive photo album I picked up at the local dollar store. With a few nips and tucks....I had it looking like this :
 
Here is a super easy tutorial so you can create one ( or 2 or 3 )of your own... 
Now you'll want to finish the cover with your favorite papers. I choose to cover mine with Middy Bags then layer on some paperie goodies gifted to me by my dear friend Lisa W. She lives up North and I don't get to see her very often...I will think of her every time I use this organizer : )
For my book I choose the Olive Wrinkle Ribbon, Moss Gingham and Juliet lace.I trimmed the cover with Olive Pom Poms. You'll want to select trims for your book that coordinate with your finished cover. I think the lace adds a nice texture.
You could also use these clips to designate sections of your book....to organize even further. I'm not quite that OCD yet....but I'm working on it : )
This is definitely pretty and practical storage. I think these could work really well for die cuts. Or recipe cards that you want to be able to remove to see the back of.  I'm also thinking you could use this as a wedding or baby shower gift....just use the gift wrap on the gifts as the back of each pocket and tuck in a little note from the gift giver....maybe a few words of advice to the new bride or mom to be????  
Okay...I think this may be my longest RRR post yet lol...thanks for bearing with me. You should go stretch your legs now...I know I'm going to!
I hope you all enjoy a happy and productive day and find some time to be creative : ) Huggs Ginny




 


9 comments :

  1. wonderful project, ginny!! Thanks for the deets on how to get the look and great showcasing of RRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really awesome project here and very very useful for soo many different things, that´s for sure, and also always will be a great gift for most people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the inspiration, yours looks fantastic ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea and so pretty too. I think I need one(or six!!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Not to mention cool:) Thanks for the tutorial, I have to keep this idea in mind, its so cute:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant!!!!! I am going to get me a photo album this week!!!! Love yours and the way you used the paper clips is genius!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehehe Hun you are tooo silly!!! I love reading your post today, and your Photo album redo is Beautiful!!! Love this idea for storing the images,I too put images in different places thinking that they are all in the same place, but NOPE, then I find them somewhere else too......Also beautiful job with all the beautiful Ribbons and trims!!! Love this!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say