Now, how did I make that flower? Let me see if I can explain. This would definitely be easier in a video tutorial, but I haven't gotten brave enough to try that out yet.
1. Start out with (5) 3 1/4" to 3 1/2" pieces of ribbon. It's to make sure that they are all very close to the same size so that when you're finished your flower petals will be all the same size. Mine are all 3 1/4".
2. Fold your ribbon, making sure that the ends are pretty evenly spaced on each side.
3. Pinch the ribbon in that center section that crosses over, then fold the tail that's facing right over top of your index finger.
4. Be sure to match up the edges closely to each other. This will form a better looking point in your finished flower.
5. Remove your index finger from the fold, again being careful not to move the edges of the ribbon out of place. You end up with a pointed arrow, like this:
6. Sew a running stitch across the bottom. I like to use 3 full stitches because it gives me that little pop in the center of each petal, which looks the most natural to me.
7. Continue with all 5 petals.
8. Cut a small circle out of cardstock and glue your petals down the way you'd like.