Thursday, July 24, 2014

ABC Primer with RRR Ribbon and Twine

Storybook mom ABC Primer 02 

Hello, Friends! It's my day to share some tips for using Really Reasonable Ribbon in your crafty projects. Recently, I was asked to custom design a series of thank you cards for some folks who had participated in a book drive for a local public school . This team collected over 25,000 books for children who might otherwise spend an entire summer without exposure to the printed page. The lovely lady who headed up this book drive wanted me to design some special thank you cards themed around books and reading. I combined ABC Primer with RRR ribbon and twine to add just the right finishing touch to each card. Here's a look at the fun book themed cards I created.

Storybook mom ABC Primer 01 

This card combines Poppy Red Satin ribbon with a grosgrain edge with 1 1/2" wide black circus dots ribbon. I also added a touch of natural burlap string beneath the flower.

Mother Goose ABC Primer 01 

This sweet little card needed just a touch of Natural Burlap String in the form of a button topped bow to finish it off.

Jolly Alphabets ABC Primer 01 

This colorful card combines black and yellow burlap string with black and white circus dots. This wide ribbon makes a perfect belly band on the card, and a cute banner, too!

ABC Primer Frog card 01 

I wrapped red and natural burlap string around the base of the red polka dot background on this fun card.

Tea Girl ABC Primer 01 

And I tied a triple loop bow with more of the Poppy Red Satin and my Zutter Bow-it-All. This shade of red matches the red in ABC Primer perfectly!

You know that old saying, "Clothes make the man,"? Well, I think ribbon and twine make the card! Combining ABC Primer papers with RRR Ribbon and Twine makes me happy right down to the tips of my crafty little fingers!

Cheerio,

kathy

5 comments :

  1. what fabulous cards! The papers are great!
    Regina*

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are awesome! I love the vintage papers and the red ribbon is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Ladies! The ribbons really made these cards sing. It's always a joy to share with you here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job gals I love them allL

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say