Monday, July 7, 2014

Butterfies and Ribbon...


We have some beautiful ribbons out this month for the RRR Ribbon Club and I had this fun idea to create lots of butterflies with them to decorate different projects for summer. I started making these cute little butterflies and I kind of got carried away....


First I created this card to send to my friend that I used some of the soft Silver Edged Pink Satin to make the butterflies.  All you do is cut 2 small pieces of ribbon and wind a piece of thread around the 2 of them and then tie it off.  Then you trim the tops at an angle and then the bottoms just slightly smaller at an angle the opposite way. Then I added a stamen in each and tied it at the top for the antenna. The WOC roses are also from RRR along with the Seam Binding.


The dies are all from Spellbinders and the paper is from MME.  Don't you just love these cute little butterflies!


So then... I thought how cute to make a gift bag and a card to match.  For this I used the Diamond Pastel Satin Assortment that you can see below and I used some of the new RRR Summer assortment to make the hair clips that you see below.  It was a fun craft that you can do with your kids and the ribbons are so pretty that they all come out really nice!!


I hope your got inspired to make up some of these for your family and friends and be sure and share them on Facebook with us so we can see too!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone :)

2 comments :

  1. Darling little butterflies - I"m going to have to try making some! Thanks for the directions - love your projects!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say