Thursday, July 31, 2014

Butterfly Birthday Wishes...


Hello everyone!!
Today I have a fun summery birthday card to share.


I love the delicate lacy butterfly background.  This is such a pretty die.


I always like to let my project tell me what size bow to use.  This card wanted a dainty small bow.  I really like how it looks.


Aren't these colors great together?


~ Bonnie ~

Supplies:
- Digital Stamp:  Birds Cards
- Dies:  Spellbinders Butterfly Magic Expandable, A2 Matting Basics A & B, Grand Labels Large
- Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
- Other:  Bow-it-All Tool, Scor-Tape, Sweetheart Blossom, Plastic Mesh screening


6 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness this is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie this card is so elegant there are so many beautiful elements I don't know what to look at first! I love those colors together and all the texture is awesome the butterfly is so soft and delicate and your right the small bow is perfect for this card I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Love it! Looking at the products you listed I don't understand what you used for the turquoise layer with the bumps? It must be a die that would cut out the inside decorative corners and add the bumps??? Would you share what you used for this layer? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry from Georgia - The turquoise layer with the little bumps was done using the plastic mesh screening I listed on the supply list. The plastic screening I have was purchased at a quilting store and it's used for making beach bags, etc. I used the plastic screening just like you would use an embossing folder when embossing with a die. I put the screening on the bottom, then the die (cut side facing up and away from the screening), then the cut paper in the die. Run through whatever die machine you have and that's what you get. :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely card. That color combo is one of my favorites. That die is beautiful and your little bow is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous card! I love the colors and that die is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say