Friday, July 25, 2014

Deconstructed Tag Book In A Box Tutorial


Hey there Peeps! I'm dropping in this morning to share a fun way to create a mini album on tags with a coordinating box to display them in. I call it a deconstructed tag book in a box.  Add your favorite family pictures to one side of the tag and journal the memories on the other side.
Here is a peek of the finished project:


The box is actually very easy to create....especially if you have a score board to make a nice crease to fold on.  I am showing the basic diagram and I used 8 1/2 x 11 inch  110 pound cardstock to create the box out of...very sturdy that way.


Starting with the short side up on your score board....measure in 3 inches from the left and score. Then add 2 1/2 inches and score again.   Flip sheet so the long side is up and measure over 3 inches and score. Add 5 more inches and score again.  On the 4 outside flaps trim 1/2 inch off. Leave the center flap at 3 inches. Fold the flaps in and secure.


Now cut a 3" x 6 " section to be the inside dividers. Using the score board again, measure over 1/2 inch on long side. Score and fold. Flip over and score again 1/2" and fold.  Cut as many of these as you want to create dividers for your tags.


 You'll want to take your time and secure with proper adhesive.....Scor-Tape would be ideal. My basement is full of sleepover teenagers playing video games so I had to work quick and get outta there lol.  You can see how the  flaps will create just the right spacing between dividers. Cover with beautiful patterned papers to coordinate with the tags. I used Graphic 45 Secret Garden : ) I also added a few pretty die cuts and dimensional flowers. The ribbon matches perfectly. I used Green Center Stitch Burlap for the outside and Polka Dot Organza for the bows.

I used my Cricut to cut the scallop topped tags and added some hexagon embossed paper with a nice green border, then topped it off with fussy cut journal tags.

I left the back side of the tags to add pictures. You can see that I inked the tags well to highlight the embossing.  Add bows to every other tag so as not to add too much bulk.

We had lots of fun creating this in class and we all agreed that we will be making these for every holiday. Maybe even one for Christmas to display cookie recipes????  And Halloween!!!! What a great way to present gift cards to different members of the same family!

Okay that's all for me I hope you give this box a try.....you will love it as much as I did. Wishing you all a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G

5 comments :

  1. Great project, LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really fabulous project..love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Ginny...this is such a fabulous design and so beautifully made. I may just have to steal...er, borrow this idea from you! Thanks for the great tutorial. I know how much work that is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. What a great idea. Love the colors and patterns and layering. Really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say