Monday, July 14, 2014

Steampunk Debutante Birthday Wishes

Steampunk Birthday 04 

Hello again, all you fabulous ribbon lovers! I'm popping in today with a fun Steampunk Debutante card that I paired with Double Faced Satin Ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Steampunk Birthday 02 

This cutaway card has lots of metal and textural elements and I've adorned it with 3/8" wide double faced satin in brown and turquoise. I tied the double bow with my faithful Zutter Bow-it-All and topped that scrumptious ribbon with a painted metal flower.


Steampunk Birthday 03 

This card is all about layers...and surprises. Here's the inside:


Steampunk Birthday 05 

I used a ton of the images from Steampunk Debutante inside the card.
There's also a pocket for a tag, and room to tuck in a gift card.

Steampunk Birthday 07 

I embellished my tag with Natural Jute String. I just love the texture that this adds to a project.

That's it for me today, friends! I hope you found some new ways to play with ribbon, and that your day makes you happy right down to the tips of your crafty little fingers!

Cheerio,

kathy

3 comments :

  1. Wow, you sure know your steampunk Miss Kathy!!! This is beyond fantastic, oh my!!! Sort of reminds me of walking through a mysterious mansion and peeking around corners with intrigue to see what I'll discover next!!! I love it!! You are so awesome and inspiring!!! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful "card" which I prefer to call a small work of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks so much, Linsey! I love making cards like this one...lots of layers and corners...almost as good as a mini book. You are such a sweet source of encouragement to me. I'm just thrilled to be on the team with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Steampunk is such an eclectic look and can some times be done to dark I think you have elevated it to a more elegant look and still kept true to the name the inside is amazing and looks entertaining wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say