Sunday, September 14, 2014

Live, Laugh, Love Birthday Card


Hello, all you Ribbon Lovers! Kathy here on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog again today. We just celebrated a whole host of birthdays in our family, and I was working right down to the wire getting all the cards made.I needed to make a cute card, but it had to be a quick card!  I had my gorgeous August Ribbon Club Assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbon on my desk, and suddenly realized that these ribbons are the perfect match for the G45 Typography papers. And that, my friends, is how this Live, Laugh, Love birthday card came about.

RRR Sept 02

I just love the way the Autumn Diagonal Striped Grosgrain Ribbon picks up on all the colors in the card focal. It just couldn't be a more perfect match. I added a button card that my sweet friend Birgit sent me in a little swap we did earlier this year. How did she know I was going to be needing these colors on a card? Thanks, Birgit! I made a quick rosette, topping it with a piece of chipboard from the paper collection.

RRR Sept 01

To make my bow, I cut a piece of the ribbon slightly longer than my card, then cut little fishtails in each end. I covered the back of the ribbon with 1/4" Scor-tape and centered it on my card. I used my Zutter Bow-it-All Tool to tie the little bow. Because it's a 6" square card, I didn't have an envelope big enough for it, so dug into my paper stash and made the pretty envelope you see behind the card.

RRR Sept 04

The inside carries over the colors from the outside of the card. I just layered some Typography papers over my green panel and then tied the whole thing together with another strip of that fabulous diagonal striped grosgrain ribbon. A hand written sentiment and a stamped birthday greeting finished off the card.

 I love the way a good ribbon ties together loose ends, don't you? 

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

1 comment :

  1. What a lovely card I love the image of the lady on the bike and all the other beautiful details. The inside of the card is perfect and the envelope is the perfect finishing touch love it!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say